How to Transform Your On-Campus Course to Online
Learn how to teach online easily.
Enroll in Course
A crash course for faculty on how to create an online course using the best practices and without struggle.
I have designed this course to help fellow instructors, specifically those who work as faculty in higher education to help them with online teaching. In the last five years, I have been teaching online courses for four different universities. I also work as a consultant that I train faculty on how to teach online. I have met a significant number of instructors who are overwhelmed with the idea of online teaching. This course will clear out all the misconceptions that you might have towards teaching online.
- Create your online course from scratch
- Transform your existing course materials to online
- Learn the essentials of online teaching
- Learn how to use online teaching tools effectively
- Integrate discussions, assignments, lecture notes, readings and videos to your online course
- Have access to sample online-course materials
- You will have an understanding of how an LMS (Learning Management System) works in general
- Learn how to add and edit elements in Blackboard (one of the most popular learning management systems used by colleges and universities around the world)
- Ditch the frustration caused by online teaching
- You are faculty at a higher education institution
- You are asked to teach online, but you don’t know where to start
- You have taught online, but you want to get better at it
Bora is a Distance Learning Expert. He helps instructors succeed with their online courses bringing his wide array of skills to the unique needs of each individual. He has a deep knowledge of e-learning, online course design, audio and video editing, as well as graphics and web design. He teaches Social Media Analytics at Quinnipiac University and also works as a consultant for the Office of Distance Eduction and Online Learning at Tuskegee University. Bora is a part time assistant professor at Berklee College of Music. He holds a master’s degree and his master’s thesis is on distance education. Did we mention that he is also the author of five printed books, a singer, songwriter, guitar player and proud dad of a third grader? Click here to view his LinkedIn profile.
StartLESSON 1: How Can You Easily Transform Your Course to Online?
StartLESSON 2: The Importance of Interaction
StartLESSON 3: How to Add and Edit Elements in Dashboard
StartLESSON 4: Your Videos in Your Online Course
PreviewLESSON 5: Module Discussions
StartLESSON 6: Your Assignments in Your Online Course
StartLESSON 7: Readings
StartLESSON 8: Lecture Notes
StartLESSON 9: Rubrics and Grading
StartGrading and Rubrics Samples
StartLESSON 10: Learning Objectives and the Syllabus
StartLESSON 11: Virtual Office Hours
This crash course includes:
- 11 laser-focused videos (total running time is just about 15 minutes)
- Transcriptions of each video
- Sample videos, discussion topics, readings, assignments, grading, and rubrics
- A forum section that you can ask your questions to your instructor
- An introduction section that you can meet and greet with fellow instructors taking this course
- Best practices on how to teach online